- We believe that the Holy Scriptures are inspired by God, are inerrant in the original writings (Proverbs 30:5, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21), and are of final authority in all matters of faith and conduct (Psalms 119:105).
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:4-6, 1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 9:14).
- We believe that God created and sustains the physical universe including the Earth and all living things in it (Genesis 1, John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-17, Hebrews 1:2-3), and that man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Luke 1:35), and affirm His eternal and perfect deity (John 1:1-2, 14), absolute holiness, virgin birth (Matthew 1:18, 22-23), real humanity (John 1:14), sinless life (Hebrew 4:15, 1 John 3:5), substitutionary death (Romans 5:6-11, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24), bodily resurrection (Matthew 28:1-10, Mark 16:1-7), and ascension into Heaven where He ministers as our Great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16, 9:24).
- We believe that every member of the Human Race has sinned and is lost and therefore separated from God (Genesis 2:17, 3:6-7, Romans 3:23, 5:12), but can be reconciled to God, saved (Romans 5:8-11), and brought into fellowship with God by spiritual birth through faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:3-7, 5:24, 1 John 1:1-4), and that each believer possesses the security of eternal life (John 10:27-29, 1 John 5:13).
- We believe that each believer is indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit at the moment of conversion (Romans 8:9-17, 2 Corinthians 1:22, Ephesians 1:13-14, 4:30, Titus 3:4-6), and that the Holy Spirit gives the believer the necessary power to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-2, Galatians 5:16, 22-23).
- We believe the Church is the body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:24), and is composed of all persons who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. All believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ at conversion, and have thus become members with each other in that body which is His Church (Romans 12:5, 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Galatians 3:28). Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church (Ephesians 5:22-32) and directs the activities of His Church on earth.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and lost (John 5:28-29, 1 Corinthians 15:51-55, Revelation 20:12-13), and the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved in heaven (John 14:1-6, Philippians 1:23, Revelation 22:4-5), and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell (Matthew 25:46, Revelation 20:10-15).
- We believe in the personal and imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the air, to take His people to be with Himself, often referred to as the Rapture (John 14:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17), and subsequently to bring in the time of the Great Tribulation and judgement of the world (Daniel 9:20-27, Matthew 24:4-29, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation chapters 6-19), followed by His return to reign in righteousness (often referred to as the second coming of Christ) (Matthew 24:30-31, 25:31-33, Revelation 20:1-6).
- We believe there are two Christian ordinances to be practiced by the Church: water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19-20, Luke 22:19-20, Acts 8:35-39, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30). Water baptism is for believers upon confession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a picture symbolizing that the one being immersed has been buried with Him and is risen with Him to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-5). The Lord’s Supper was commemorated by the early churches on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7), and we believe it is the privilege and duty of all true believers to heed the Lord’s request, “This do in remembrance of Me” (1 Corinthians 11:24).
Please also refer to Cornerstone Christian Fellowship‘s Statement of Guiding Principles (available in hard copy at the church), and ultimately to the Word of God as the final authority (2 Timothy 3:16-17). This Statement of Faith is only a brief outline of some of the fundamental principles in Scripture regarding the Christian faith. If there are further questions, please feel free to contact one of the elders.